Touchstone: November 1994
It could be you or someone you love. Strong, silent types are everywhere, and it is their telltale silence that has kept their problems hidden until now. A silent son can come from a family that coped with violence, alcoholism, child abuse, extreme rigidity, or divorce, but all silent sons have certain common characteristics:
- They keep things that bother them to themselves.
- They deny that unpleasant events occur.
- They fear letting people know them.
- They have difficulty interacting with their parents, spouses, or children.
- They have a strong fea...